cares about your privacy. For this reason, we collect and use personal data only as it might be
needed for us to deliver to you our website. Your personal data includes information such as:
- Email address
- Screen Name
- Job Function
- Years of Experience
- Areas of Interest
- Areas of Expertise
we use your personal data. It also describes options we provide for you to access, update or
otherwise take control of your personal data that we process.
If at any time you have questions about our practices or any of your rights described below, you
may reach our Data Protection Officer ("DPO") and our dedicated team that supports this office by
contacting us. This inbox is actively monitored and managed so that we
can deliver an experience that you can confidently trust.
Information We Collect
Information You Choose to Give Us
When you interact with our services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us.
For example, most of our services require you to set up a basic ProcessPractices account, so we need
to collect a few important details about you, such as: a password, an email address, your job
function and your location among other identifiers.
You will also provide us whatever content you post through the website, which is purely optional.
Posts can be to the ProcessPractices network or to a private share group you create. Don't posts
content that you wouldn't want someone to save or share. You may also share a public profile with
other members of the network that include your screen name, country, industry, years of experience,
job function, areas of experience, areas of expertise and a photo. Don't share your profile if you
don't wish to provide this information to other users of ProcessPractices. When you contact
ProcessPractices Support or communicate with us in any other way, we'll collect whatever information
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you've used and
how you've used them. This includes:
• Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For
example, we may collect information about:
- how you interact with the services, such as which tags you apply or searches you conduct
- how you communicate with others through the service, such as what you post and to whom it
• Content Information. We collect information about the content you provide and where within the
ProcessPractices framework it was posted.
• Device Information. We collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model,
operating system version, advertising identifier, unique application identifiers, unique device
identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the
mobile phone number).
• Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location.
With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that
include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as
gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
• Information Collected by Cookies and Other Technologies. Like most online services, we may use
cookies and other technologies, such as web beacons, web storage, and unique advertising
identifiers, to collect information about your activity, browser, and device. We may also use these
technologies to collect information when you interact with services we offer through one of our
partners, such as commerce features. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you
prefer, you can usually remove or reject browser cookies through the settings on your browser or
device. Keep in mind, though, that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and
functionality of our services.
• Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our app and website. That
information includes, among other things:
- details about how you've used our services.
- device information, such as your web browser type and language.
- access times.
- pages viewed.
- IP address.
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your
device or browser.
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information that other users provide about you when they use our services. For
example, if another user adds you as a recipient to their diary post or message-we may combine the
information we have collected about you. We may also obtain information from other companies that
are owned or operated by us, or any other third-party sources, and combine that with the information
we collect through our services.
What We Do with the Information We Collect
- develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
- send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to
support inquiries or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers
that we think may interest you.
- monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- personalize the services by, among other things, suggesting friends or profile information,
or customizing the content we show you, including ads.
- contextualize your experience
- improve ad targeting and measurement, including through the use of your precise location
data (again, if you've consented to us collecting that data).
- enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- use information we've collected from cookies and other technology to enhance the services
and your experience with them.
- enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information
as local cache so that you can open the app and view content faster.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
• With users who you shared your profile or shared content. This includes but is not limited to:
- Your profile (if you elect to share it) includes your user screen name, country, industry,
years of experience, job function, areas of experience and areas of expertise.
- Your content (if you elect to write and share it with the public group or a private group)
• With third parties. We may share your information with the following third parties:
- With service providers, sellers, and partners. We may share information about you with
service providers who perform services on our behalf, sellers that provide goods through our
services, and business partners that provide services and functionality.
- With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably
believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
• comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or
• investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations.
• protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others.
• detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If ProcessPractices gets involved in
a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some
portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company
before and after the transaction closes.
We may also share with third parties-such as advertisers-aggregated, non-personally identifiable,
or de-identified information.
Third-Party Content and Integrations
The services may also contain third-party links and search results, include third-party
integrations, or offer a co-branded or third-party-branded service. Through these links, third-party
integrations, and co-branded or third-party-branded services, you may be providing information
(including personal information) directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree
that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always,
we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party website or service that you
visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
services. These companies may collect information about how you use our services and other websites
and online services over time and across different services. This information may be used to, among
other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, and better
understand your online activity.
Additionally, some companies may use information collected on our services to deliver targeted
advertisements on behalf of us or other companies, including on third-party websites and apps.
How Long We Keep Your Content
ProcessPractices lets you view and post information on process improvement for business
processes. On our end, that means that we automatically retain the content of what you optionally
post and your User Profile you provided upon registration. Please understand, even with content you
delete, other users who see the content you provide can always save it using any number of
techniques: screenshots, copy/paste, and print. It's also possible, as with any digital information,
that someone might be able to access messages forensically or find them in a device's temporary
storage. Keep in mind that, while our systems are designed to carry out our deletion practices
automatically, we cannot promise that deletion will occur within a specific timeframe. And we may
need to suspend those deletion practices if we receive valid legal process asking us to preserve
content or if we receive reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations. Finally, we may also
retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law.
How You Can Control (Access, Update, Delete) Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
- Access and Updates. We strive to let you access and update most of the personal information
that we have about you. For example, using Edit Profile, you can update any element of your
- Using Edit Profile, you can disable the sharing of your profile to the other
ProcessPractices members in the Member Profiles area too.
- You may also choose to edit or delete content you optionally post to the public group
members or a private share group by going to Your Content. In Your Content any edits or
deletions are done automatically once completed by you on the site.
- However, there are limits though to the requests we'll accommodate for adjusting your
personal information. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example,
that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are
disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful. If you need to access, update,
or delete other personal information that we may have but are having difficulty doing so
yourself, you can put in a request to us directly. Because your privacy is important to us, we
may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access
or update your personal information. We will try to update and access your information for free,
but if it would require a disproportionate effort on our part, we may charge a fee. We will of
course disclose the fee before we comply with your request.
- Revoking Permissions. If you change your mind about our ongoing ability to collect
information from certain sources that you have already consented to, such as your location
services, you can simply revoke your consent by changing the settings on your device if your
device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full
- Account Deletion. While we hope you'll remain a lifelong user, if for some reason you ever
want to delete your account, contact us with a deletion request and
it will be done within 5 business days.
- Communicating with other users. It's also important to us that you stay in control over whom
you communicate with. That's why we've built a tool allowing you to control to whom you share
content you post and your choice to share or not share your profile.
- Blocking cookies. You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that
allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser
settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) it may limit your use of certain
features or functions on our website or service. Internet browsers allow you to change your
cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your
internet browser or third-party tools, such as
- Internet-based advertising. If you wish to opt out of interest-based advertising go to
http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/ [or if
located in the European Union click go to
http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/]. Please note you may continue to receive generic ads.
- Receiving emails. If you no longer wish to receive emails from ProcessPractices please
contact us anytime.
- If you are unable for any reason to access any settings to edit, view, update or delete
information you may also contact us to assist you.
Users Outside the United States
The website and app are operated in the United States and intended for users internationally
provided the countries where the users reside are not on a sanctioned or prohibited country list
provided by the United States government. If you or your recipients are located anywhere outside of
the United States, please be aware that information we collect, including, Personal Information,
will be transferred to, processed and stored in the United States. The data protection laws in the
United States may differ from those of the country in which you are located, and your Personal
Information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the
United States according to laws of the United States. By using the app or website or providing us
with any information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in
the United States.
Our services are not directed to children, and you may not use our services if you are under the
age of 18. You must also be old enough to consent to the processing of your personal data in your
country (in some countries we may allow your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf). If you
know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 18 has provided us with any personal data
please contact us.
that's available on our website and mobile application. Other times, we may provide you with
additional notice (such as adding a statement to our websites' homepages or providing you with an
Services, you may contact our Office of the DPO by email.